Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Award winning copy... on the back of a truck!

Sometimes the funniest things can be found in the unlikeliest of places. We were on our way back from lunch at a friend’s place and I was sitting at the back of the car with my son Kabir, trying to stop him from launching himself out of the windshield. (And for those thinking - have these people heard of a car seat? Yes we have, but our free-spirited son thinks it’s below his dignity to be strapped into one! But we have put it to good use as a toy dump!)

Anyways, I was trying to entertain Kabir by showing him things on the road and we saw this truck with the funniest line at the back –

“Meri chali... toh teri kyon jali”

Sorry can’t translate it into English. Methinks, it loses its punch entirely. Wish I had got a pic!

Vishal (my husband) and I are so kicked about this totally cool line that we are planning to put it at the back of our car too. So next time you see a midnight grey Hyundai Santro (that is what the Hyundai catalouge says; we call it black) on the roads with this crazy line at the back, do wave out and say hi!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*on the lookout for the midnight grey Hyundai Santro (though you may call it black!!)*
:-))))

Anonymous said...

he he he :)....sahi hai...

Syed and I are also planning to put it on the back of our car ;)

-Ierum

Incognito said...

Best learnings comes from the truck backs.

I have one more...

Dosti pakki, Kharcha apna apna.

Cheers

Sonal Jhuj said...

I used to travel a lot with my family when I was young. And boring roadtrips were made interesting only by truck art :)

i still remember reading this when i was a kid:

"mujhe apno ne maara, gairon se kya gamm tha,
mri kashti wahaan doobi, jahaan paani kamm tha"

:)