Sunday, August 3, 2008

Green.. the colour of my passion!

I am no tree hugger, but I think our planet deserves every little help we can give it. But it makes me hopping mad to see people indiscrimanately abuse the very planet they live on. I am not perfect, and I do make my mistakes (like cladding my baby in diapers occassionally), but I at least try and do my bit (walk instead of driving, using a cloth bag over plastic, repairing electronics instead of replacing with new ones).

It all began for me when I came across this really awesome movie The Story of Stuff. It is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns. The Story of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a more sustainable and just world. It'll teach you something, it'll make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever. It will definitely make you feel like shopping less :-) So if you want to do your bit for the planet and at the same time lighten your purse a little lesser then Going Green is for you.

I have made a little presentation which presents a few quick tips on how you start making small changes in your own life and begin the journey of Going Green. Do you have any tips to share.. Would love to hear from you :-)

Sites I love for their great work... Morgan Stanley's Green Book
Junkbusters

Mumbaifreecycle - a group started for Mumbai; open to all who want to "recycle" that special something rather than throw it away. Whether it's a chair, a fax machine or an old door!

If you truly believe in Going Green, do try and make positive changes in your life and encourage others; it is the least we can do for our future generations (yes, becoming a mom has altered my thinking)! I wake up in sweat nightmaring about the crappy planet I am leaving my son!

Check this cool video...

No comments: